Cold pasta – have it as a salad, as a meal or a snack. It is a quite a versatile dish that can be enjoyed by all. The ingredients can be customised as per your taste.
When preparing it for children add in the veggies and see them vanish without any fuss.
Prepare it a day in advance, chilli it in the fridge and carry it to work the next day.
Looking for a different after school snack? Give the cold pasta salad a try.
- Boiled Pasta (preferably macaroni) – 2 cups
- Blanched veggies like peas, carrots, broccoli – 1 cup
- Chopped tomato, cucumber and capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Cooked and shredded chicken – 1/2 cup
- Sliced olives, jalapeños, gherkins – 1/4 cup
- Dry herbs like basil, parsley and oregano – 1 tsp
- Fresh crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
One Stop Destination for all Grocery Needs
Except the pasta, add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using a wooden spatula mix everything very well.
Now add the pasta and mix again.
You can add the pasta in the beginning too but then you need to be a bit careful that the pasta does not break on too much mixing.
Place the pasta in the fridge and leave to chill for a couple of hours.
Before serving garnish with herbs of your choice.
TIP: You can customise the vegetables as per your choice.
Skip the chicken to make it a vegetarian dish.
You must be logged in to post a comment.