This was an absolutely fun activity. The all-popular Oreo biscuits were transformed into cute looking lollies. Not only did I enjoy doing this but my son gave his inputs as well. In fact most of the faces on these lollies were designed by him. This is a holiday activity for kids and adults to be done together. You could also make these as delicious Christmas gifts.
The ingredients and measurements are not perfect but broadly you would need:
- Oreo biscuits
- Melted dark chocolate
- Melted white compound (optional)
- Lolly sticks
- Styrofoam sheet
- Separate the sides of all Oreo biscuits with the cream on one side and the other side blank.
- Drop a little bit of melted dark chocolate on the blank side.
- Place a lolly stick on the cream side and press a little.
- Join the Oreo sides once again. There will be cream, chocolate and a lolly stick in the centre now.
- Press firmly but not too firmly or else the biscuit sides will break.
- Place on a flat surface and allow to set. Repeat with all other biscuits.
- It would be a good idea to place them in the fridge so that the biscuits become cold. This helps in the next step.
- Once set and cold take a lolly and dip in the melted chocolate. Allow all the excess to drip. Once you are certain that no more will drip and the chocolate is setting fix the stick on the Styrofoam sheet and allow the chocolate to set until firm.
- If you wish you can do the decoration now with the white chocolate mix using a piping bag.
With or without the decoration the taste is great. This is a great recipe for school fairs, festive gifts, birthday parties or to pep up a simple occasion. The great tasting Oreo goes to an all new level and the smile on the face of kids is unbeatable.