Custard and cookies; both will leave you drooling. When combined they form custard cookies. They are simple, easy and quick to prepare cookies. These are probably the easiest to make cookies and fastest to finish. Try it to believe it.
Custard cookies are fool proof cookies with a taste that appeals to all ages. This makes them the ideal gift too. Within half an hour one batch of cookies can easily be prepared – start to finish. The very fact that almost all ingredients are always available at home, fresh cookies are always possible.
Have it now or store in an airtight container. I have stored them in my repurposed box. Can you see the cookies comfortably sitting in my brand new box. These cookies should last a couple of days.
Tea time cookies, cookies for children’s parties or coffee and cookies – relish them the way you wish you. Coffee-Cookies-Books (or my kindle) are the best combination for me.
- All purpose flour (maida) - 1 cup
- Custard powder (vanilla flavoured) - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Unsalted butter (softened and grated) - 1 cup
- Vanilla extract or essence - 1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Sieve the flour, custard powder and baking powder together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter, vanilla essence and powdered sugar. Using a wire whisk, start whisking the butter and sugar mix.
- When the mix is light and fluffy add the flour mix.
- Using a soft hand mix the flour into the butter mix.
- Now using your hands make a soft dough. Take note here that if you knead too much, heat will be generated and the dough might be difficult to manage.
- Make 30 small balls of this dough and roll properly to erase all cracks.
- Lay out the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for close to 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and spread them out a wire mesh or cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.