The amount of waste we ‘produce’ day in and day out is piling up on the surface of the earth. If only we could reuse articles it would take off a great load. However, reusing stuff is often taken up as boring and ugly which is one reason why many things land up in the trash bin.
How about making ‘reuse’ a little exciting and more fun. This following bit of activity is a short and sweet one and in no time you can have two boring looking boxes transformed in to cute storage boxes. Can you guess what these two boxes originally contained?
A little bit of alteration, couple of articles and a torch and cookie box take up a completely different look. This is what you need – fabric, fabric glue (I did not have this then and hence used the normal PVA glue), scissors and a measuring tape.
- Cut off one side of the box to give you a long boat type container.
- Measure the box and accordingly cut the desired fabric – one for the interior and one for the exterior. It is just like covering it with paper. A little bit of variation in measurement is allowed as you will be pasting it and not stitching.
- Apply glue on the exterior and stick the appropriate fabric.
- Next, apply glue on the interior and paste the other fabric.
- There, your boxes are ready.
Store whatever you wish to now: