Living in a metropolitan city has its own downsides, one of them being massive traffic jams. No matter where you go, you need to calculate the travel time based on the time of the day. If it is office hours the time to reach from one place to another would be at least the double its real time.
Since travelling takes up so much of our time there is little time to spend at home and sometimes hardly anytime to have meals.
I know there are many of us who pack our meals to be had in the car on the way to work. And this means that these meals must be suitable enough to be packed. Plus, they should be wholesome.
Carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and the very important protein.
The egg salad wrap here is just the right mix of everything you need to get a filling, wholesome and tasty meal.
The quantity given here should be enough for four wraps. If you have any leftover you can enjoy it as a salad!
Egg Salad Wrap
- Chapatis or tortillas - 1 cup if using chapatis make them fresh, slightly thicker and grease lightly
- Eggs boiled and cut lengthwise into slices - 4
- Salad leaves roughly torn- 1 head
- Capsicums cut julienne- 1 each of red, green, yellow
- Olives sliced- 8-10
- Tomato sliced- 1
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
- Mustard sauce - 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder
- Salt as per taste
- Put aside the chapati or tortilla (whichever you are using).
- In a large bowl add all the other ingredients.
- Using two large spoons mix all the ingredients very well.
- The mayonnaise and mustard sauce not only render taste but also act as binders.
- Lay out all the chapatis on a working surface.
- Spoon the filling on the chapatis. You need to check how much filling your chapatis can take and accordingly place the filling.
- Gently lift one side of the chapati and start rolling. Roll it tight and immediately pack it in foil or cling film.
- Pack your meal and you can get going.
- If you are in a hurry in the morning you can make the preparations a day earlier.
Variation: Instead of the mayonnaise you can use hummus.